A permanent standby generator can start immediately either by a push of a button or automatically because it is already connected to the house wiring and to the fuel source. Automatic home generators have an auto transfer switch that can sense a power outage, and start the generator. When power is restored, your home generator will connect you back to the utility lines and will turn itself off.
- Family members that need life saving medical equipment
- Elderly or small children with lower tolerance for extreme temperatures
- A home based business
- Security and safety concerns
Advantages Over Portable Generators
- No need to obtain and store fuel
- Works automatically, whether you are home or not
- Peace of mind!